Information About Foreign Domestic Helper
Our Foreign Maid Source Countries:
- Sri Lanka
Application for Foreign Domestic Helper
Procedures and conditions:-
- Application must be submitted by the employer or through employment agencies registered with Immigration Department.
- Employer must be married with children aged below 15 years old or employer with parents that requires attention and special care.
- One household is allowed to employ one foreign domestic helper only.
- The applicant / employer must have a monthly minimum income not less than RM5,000 for domestic helper from the Philippines, Sri Lanka, India and Nepal. For domestic helper from Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos is not less than RM3,000.
- Domestic helper must undergo medical check-up at clinic registered with FOMEMA within one month from the date of arrival. Domestic helper will not be allowed to work and will be sent back if the employer failed to comply with the condition.
- Muslim employer must employ Muslim domestic helper only. Non-Muslim employer is allowed to employ a Muslim domestic helper but they have to respect the beliefs and practices.
- Salary must be paid through the bank account to report to Immigration Department on the death or absconded case of the helper.
- Only female domestic helper is allowed aged between 21 to 45 years old.
- Domestic helper must enter with Visa with Reference.
- Domestic helper is not allowed to get married while working in Malaysia.
- Not allowed to change employment / sector or employer.
Conditions for Visa with Reference and Visit Pass (Temporary Employment) The application can be submitted to the nearest Immigration Office.
Documents Required for New Maid Application:
- New application form (PRA1 / PRA2)
- Form IMM12 (VP(TE) Application) – Purchase at Administration Unit, Foreign Worker Division
- Form IMM13 (Visa Application) – Purchase at Administration Unit, Foreign Worker Division
- Personal Bond – stamped duly paid
- Employment Contract
- Photocopy of Foreign Worker’s Passport
- Medical report from a recognized clinic by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia in the worker’s country of origin
- Declaration Form for Muslim domestic helper
- Confirmation of Employment and Proof of Income of Employer
- Photocopy of Employer’s Identification Card
- Supporting documents such as birth certificate and medical declaration – family member’s that require medical attention
- Marriage certificate (for first application only)
- Having a valid Visa with Reference
- Can enter at any gazette entry points. Upon arrival, a Special Pass valid for 30 days from the date of arrival will be issued to the helper
- Employer or employment agency is required to receive the helper at the entry point
- Employer or agency is required to bring the helper for the medical check-up at any clinic registered with FOMEMA immediately
Issuance of VP(TE) Medically fit helper should be issued with VP(TE) based on the validity and conditions approved at the nearest Immigration office.
Call Us Now! Get a FREE Consultation! 03 5191 5855